Love, Life and the Whole Karmic Enchilada; The Very Secret Diary Of A Scientist

A Chris-in-the-morning inspired blog. Somewhere I can hypothesis on human nature and narrate my own journey of self discovery. That sounds so cheesy! Basically somewhere that I can just spill out the contents of my head.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Sunday, August 27, 2006
 
I have decided that I absolutely have to document a part of yesterday. It was sunday, Lianne had invited me to go for a walk with the to the Kauri grove in the Hakarimatas (just across the river from Taupiri hill, we could see where Dame Te Ata was buried from the top). Andrew Dirk and David also came. Dirk as part of his get ift for Canada regime went up the direct route to the top and was going to meet us part way down as we went up past the Kauri. We saw the 600 year old Kauri and carried on to a lookout type area at the younger Kauri trees. It looked out over a bushclad valley in a roughly sou'easterly direction. Absolutely lovely. No sign of civilisation, just a beautiful view of tree canopy, and the sound of birds in the air. Then Lianne realised she'd dropped her glasses somewhere further back on the path. Andrew offered to go back and have a look for them and Lianne went with him. It did occur to me at the time that this move might have been orchestrated or planned as it left me alone with David - for the first time since our first kiss. A couple of awkward minutes later and we were in a romantic scene from a movie. Kissing against the backdrop of the untouched wilderness. We were happy doing that for a while then I think we both got a little worried that Andrew and Lianne might have found the glasses and be on their way back. So we decided to carry on up in search of Dirk and the water - we were both rather thirsty at this stage. We'd barely gone a dozen steps uphill when we saw him heading in our direction.
I think I can honestly say that that was the best kiss I've ever had in the best setting by far.

Comments: Post a Comment