Love, Life and the Whole Karmic Enchilada; The Very Secret Diary Of A Scientist

A Chris-in-the-morning inspired blog. Somewhere I can hypothesis on human nature and narrate my own journey of self discovery. That sounds so cheesy! Basically somewhere that I can just spill out the contents of my head.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Monday, August 14, 2006
 
Oh boy what is it this time I hear myself saying at some point in the future when I look back over these posts. What lovelorn teenage girl thing is going on now? Well I have a crush. So I'll start at the beginning.
I've become quite good friends with Lianne. After she and Dirk found out that I was into Firefly at Mike's Midwinter Christmas thing I think we both realised we have more in common than we thought. I saw Lianne and Dirk at Jimmy's EP release gig and Lianne pointed out to me that the two Davids were single (being David Hamilton-who although nice and quite hot isn't my type, and David Scott- Who I didn't know at that stage and I didn't get the chance to talk to that night). After the workshop the next day when Michelle came down , she, David Hamilton and myself went back to Liannes. I was much fun and I'd mentioned to Lianne that I wanted to go see a Britich comedy movie I'd heard good things about that had actors from Spaced (which she'd told me about). She suggested that we go on the Sunday. So we did and David Hamilton came along too. Then the next weekend Lianne was having a DVD night originally to shew Andrew (from taiko) that Firefly wasn't too geeky. But it turned into a British comedy night with Look Around You, Spaced, Green Wing, Monkey Dust and Eddie Izzard. We ended up staying until the next afternoon. Then because there was so much to watch we had to carry it on the next weekend. I ended up leaving Liannes at about 7pm Sunday. ANyways, during all this time there were 2 single guys. Andrew - who plays in the Hollow Grinders and David - who has a british accent [melts]. There were some moments I believe, between Andrew and me. Things like sitting quite close on the couch when we didn't need to be quite that close etc. But I like David better. This last weekend we watched Pulp Fiction (we being Lianne, Dirk, David Scott, David Hamilton and myself) and we (minus the Tron) went for a short hike to Wairere falls. Even though I haven't got any signs from David I still have a bit of a thing for him and some of that stupid pointless teenage girl hope. I'm trying to stop myself from making up any mini fantasies in my head because otherwise I'll get all worked up over it and when nothing comes of it I'll feel all deflated. But I can't help hping, he's smart, hot, funny, not an ass, loves Green Wing!, and generally very nice.
Venting done, I feel a bit better. I think some of it is because I'd just really like a boy to be interested in me. To know that to someone I'm actually attractive. Although Dirk has said some flattering things to me (in a nice way, he is married). Failing any single boy I know making any advances on me I might just have to earn heaps and fly Darren down here. That'd fix it.

Comments: Post a Comment