Love, Life and the Whole Karmic Enchilada; The Very Secret Diary Of A Scientist

A Chris-in-the-morning inspired blog. Somewhere I can hypothesis on human nature and narrate my own journey of self discovery. That sounds so cheesy! Basically somewhere that I can just spill out the contents of my head.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Wednesday, January 24, 2007
 
5 months today. That's how long Dave and I have been together. And hasn't it all gone very quickly. If you told me 5 months ago that I'd be with a great guy and thinking about moving in together... well I'd probably shake you by the collar and yell 'now! I want it now!'
But anyway, I knew from the begining that we'd clicked. Things moved quite quickly into a comfortable sort of place. Since our first week together we've spent most evenings together. We still do. I thought we might have cooled off a bit by now. But no I still love his company and apparently he mine. Even though everything went so quickly it just seemed right.
We went up to the gardens 2 nights ago so we could see the comet and we were chatting away about various things. He was talking about how his English friends complain about NZ being too far away to visit him. But that one friend had promised he'd come down for David's wedding. Then he says 'Will you marry me?'
Well I actually couln't say anything. What went through my head? 'He's joking he must be.' 'But he didn't really sound like he was joking' 'He could be serious' 'But he could be joking what with the dry humour and all'
Then after about 20 seconds of silience he says 'I shouldn't joke about things like that.' But I'm not entirely sure he was joking. Anyways, life oes on. We're taking the moving in together thing slowly. I'm looking for a place by myself. But once I get a new job and we know what my finances will be and how much we can afford we're going to start looking. Eee!

Comments: Post a Comment