Love, Life and the Whole Karmic Enchilada; The Very Secret Diary Of A Scientist

A Chris-in-the-morning inspired blog. Somewhere I can hypothesis on human nature and narrate my own journey of self discovery. That sounds so cheesy! Basically somewhere that I can just spill out the contents of my head.




This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?
Thursday, December 08, 2005
 
I had the weirdest dream last night. But at least I could remember it for a change. So I was in Iraq apparently. My mother was there and Rochelle was there for a part of it and possibly my grandmother too. Maybe even Julie. So it began with me and Julie? walking with some Iraqi soldier people down a road. But there was lots of trees and grass and their was a big drainage ditch we were walking beside, filled with scummy water. Somehow as you do in dreams I knew that the guys we were with were the good guys. They were in the Iraqi Freedom Fighters. That name is so cliched it must have come from some movie or another. Then there was just us (being me and julie/rochelle) and one soldier guy. We went through a fence into a bunch of trees and bushes on the edge of a field. We knew we had to get to a compound at one end of the field but there were bad guys out there somewhere. So the Iraqi guy is holding my hand and I'm holding the other persons. All of a sudden the soldier gets up and runs dragging us along with him. After about 30 seconds of running we stop and crouch down in the grass. I guess so as not to present ourselves as a target to whoever we're hiding from. We do this a few times until we reach the compound. Once we're inside the - flimsy looking - chain-link type fence we stop running and hiding and just walk. We can see some other people on the other side carrying guns. The Iraqi guy says to me don't worry they'll follow us but they won't shoot. They're the guys we're hiding from. So here we are now standing in plain view but they don't shoot at us. In my head I know that this is true and that although these people are on the opposite side there's no 'real' bad feeling betweenn them. It's like being on opposite political parties except more physical. I guess if they'd caught us we'd have been in trouble. And of course they don't even look Iraqi. They're all quite young too. I say to the soldier guy 'They're all tennageers' or something similar. They look American if anything, there's one girl I can remember in particular. She is a bit largeish and has that generic blond hair that hangs down past her shoulder's she's wearing a red t shirt and pants. They wander up near the fence then carry on wandering back into the field.
Next thing we're inside in a room. It's pretty plain. This is where it gets weirder. The Iraqi soldier starts massaging the back of my neck. He's really good too. I think he might have said something along the lines of me being tense.
Then we're in a living room type room and Rochelle is there. She's sitting on a chair and the Iraqi guy and I are sitting on a couch. He puts his arms around me. Then he's kissing me. ANd I know how stupid this sounds but I really liked him. It was like I knew he liked me and he knew I liked him. But Rochelle was still in the room. She put head phones on and just ignored us.
Then I was talking with him asking if he was permanently stationed here or if he got moved around. I think he said he got moved pretty regularly, that was how things were run. Then we were getting ready for dinner, my mother and Grandmother were at a table already with one or two other iraqi people. Somehow I knew we were on a trip of some sort. Like we were going to be taken around parts of Iraq on a tourist type tour of something.
Then I don't know if it was just my wishful thinking but my soldier guy might have said something about being stationed to guide us. Woot. Oh yeah and he kind of looked like Naveen Andrews (surprise surprise) but his face was thinner. It wasn't quite him but similar.
There we go that's it. So I'm now in one of those stupid dream modes where all I can see is this soldier. He looked good in his uniform too. And he made me feel all safe when he had his strong arms around me.

Comments: Post a Comment